Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Photo: Nigerian Lady Wakes In Mortuary 2 Days After Death

Miracles are still happening! Twenty-
one-year-old Adora Ugwu is planning to
be a soldier. She also wants to secure
admission into one of the country’s
tertiary institutions. She had put her
hands on the plough of her latter dream
by writing the last UMTE.

But, as she was going for the other one,
she died. Two days after the lady wrote
the examination, she was heading for
her home state of Enugu for the
recruitment into the Nigerian Army
when the vehicle she was travelling had
a head-on collision with a similar

The result: her death and that of 25
others who included four discharged
members of batch B National Youth
Service Corps (NYSC).
Twenty of them including Adora
reportedly died on the spot in headon
collision involving two 15 passengers’
capacity buses, each, belonging
separately to Peace Mass Transit Limited
and the Enugu State Transport Company
(ENTRACO). The buses had registration
number BENUE - XB 504 TKP, ENUGU - XL
812 UWN respectively.

The ghastly crash occurred along Enugu-
Markudi express road, at Amoka in Udi,
Enugu State on June 20th. Immediately
after the crash which was promptly
reported to the Enugu State Command of
the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) by
its Delta State Sector Commander Lukas
Ikpi who met the accident while
travelling on the road, the dead
including Adora were evacuated to Our
Saviour Hospital morgue at 9th mile. But
she was not meant to stay among the
dead for long.

Two days after she had been confined
to the mortuary. The parents had wept
and mourned, most of them especially
the mother was devastated, but the
dead must be buried. And this was what
Adora’s relative intended doing: bury
her two day-old corpse. At the morgue,
the attendants were putting in place all
the deeds of mortification when
suddenly there was a sound; a sneeze, it
was. They looked around, then another
one! Behold, the body being prepared
for claim by the relatives had just

The dead don’t sneeze, they reasoned.
Adora, whose body was being prepared,
is not dead after all. When Saturday
Mirror asked her what she felt on her
first realization of consciousness, she
said: “I thought we were all sleeping.
When I asked people around where I
was, she said they said I had an
"I cannot remember anything that
happened when I was at the mortuary.”

When Adora was discovered to be alive,
her relative who had come to identify
her was immediately called phoned the
others from the morgue. Tears turned to
felicitation. From the morgue she was
later transferred to the Federal
Orthopaedic Hospital in Enugu where is
currently receiving treatment and spoke
with Saturday Mirror.

Adora, told Saturday Mirror that she hails
from Enugu state. She said she attended
a secondary school in North-Bank
Markudi, Benue State adding that she
was in Benue to take her JAMB after
which she was travelling down to Enugu
for army recruitment when the accident

No comments:

Post a Comment