Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Nicki Minaj Hopes Other Crazy Dads Take Note Of Stories About Her Father


Nicki Minaj refuses to keep quiet about her
dad's drug addict past - because she wants
other abusive fathers to realize their little
girls might grow up to become outspoken
millionaires like her.

The "Starships" hitmaker has often spoken
about her father's troubled past when she
was a little girl, revealing he once set fire to
the family home while her mother was
inside.

Her father, who still lives with her mom,
would rather she kept his past battles with
drugs to herself - but she's keen to get a
message out to other deadbeat dads.

She tells the new issue of Rolling Stone
magazine, "It's the price you pay when you
abuse drugs and alcohol. Maybe one day
your daughter will be famous and talk to
every magazine about it, so think about
that, dads out there who want to be crazy."

And she recalls she used to pray for the
chance to protect her mother: "I would go
in my room and and kneel down at the foot
of my bed and pray that God would make
me rich so that I could take care of my
mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment