Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Flavour N'abania Dragged To Court Over Theft


Chinedu Okoli the popular Nigerian
highlife musician known as Flavour
has being dragged to court by Ghanaian
singing duo, over the alleged theft of
their intellectual property.

Flavour's new single Kwarikwa, was a
carbon copy of their Kotosa song which
they released 4years ago, they said.

The Ghanaian singing duo are furious
and now accusing Flavour for using
their song with proper permission
nor consultation from them.

According to the Ghanaian singing duo:
PLEASE THE READ MORE TO CONTINUE

‘This does not come as a surprise to
me, as I already knew point blank
that the material put out by Flavour
was an outright plagiarized product
of Kotosa. I mean, I heard what
seemed like Kotosa blasting from
the huge speakers in a CD vendor’s
shop when I was driving to a
friend’s home when I visited
Nigeria last two months. I was
happy and surprised that Kotosa
had finally made its way to Nigeria
after making hits in Ghana, only to
hear Flavour’s signature hi-life
voice on the beat. I was
disappointed to say the least. I
shook my head as I passed by’said
the manager of the defunct group.

Both Flavour and his management are
quiet on the matter so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment