Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

''I'm Gay And I'm Proud'' - Anderson Cooper


It has long been rumored that CNN news
reporter and host Anderson Cooper is gay
and just today, Cooper made that rumor
public in a letter to Andrew Sullivan in a
story he was doing for the Daily Beast
pertaining to famous people who come out.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been,
always will be, and I couldn’t be any more
happy, comfortable with myself, and
proud," stated Cooper in his letter to
Sullivan. " I have always been very open
and honest about this part of my life with
my friends, my family, and my colleagues.
In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone
else's business, but I do think there is value
in standing up and being counted. I’m not
an activist, but I am a human being and I
don't give that up by being a journalist,"
continued Cooper.

For years Cooper has refused to comment
on his personal status due to his high
profile. Many in the gay community have
called for his outing due to the gay
marriage issue and bulling incidents of
recent.

"There continue to be far too many
incidences of bullying of young people, as
well as discrimination and violence against
people of all ages, based on their sexual
orientation, and I believe there is value in
making clear where I stand," Cooper wrote.

He continued, "I have always been very
open and honest about this part of my life
with my friends, my family, and my
colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think
it's anyone else's business, but I do think
there is value in standing up and being
counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a
human being and I don't give that up by
being a journalist."

No comments:

Post a Comment