Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Nicki Minaj: I Once Contemplated Suicide


Nicki Minaj is arguably the biggest female
in hip-hop, but the 28-year-old admits that
just a few years ago, she felt completely
worthless.

"I kept having doors slammed in my face,"
Minaj tells the November issue of
Cosmopolitan. "I felt like nothing was
working. I had moved out on my own, and
here I was thinking I'd have to go home."

Things got so bleak that Minaj
contemplated suicide.

"It was just one dead end after another. At
one point, I was, like, 'What would happen
if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt.
Like, 'Maybe I should just take my life?'"
With her dark days now behind her, Minaj
(real name: Onika Tanya Maraj) predicts her
star will only become brighter with time.

"I will have put out five albums and will
have an Oscar and Grammys," she says.
"And I will be getting married and, a couple
of years after that, will have a bun in the
oven. My whole life is about being Nicki
Minaj now. It's a never-ending saga."

No comments:

Post a Comment